It is essential for every gent to know how to wear a necktie. This blog post is going to add to your arsenal the quick and dirty knot of necktie world; the Windsor knot. Follow the quick steps below and you’ll on your way.
- 1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. The tip of the small end should rest slightly above your belly-button (this will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end.
- 2. Wide end over the small end to the left.
- 3. Up into the neck loop from underneath.
- 4. Down to the left.
- 5. Around the back of the small end to the right.
- 6. Up to the center, towards neck loop.
- 7. Through the neck loop and down to the right.
- 8. Across the front to the left.
- 9. Up into the neck loop from underneath.
- 10. Down through the loop you’ve just created in the front.
- 11. Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Slide the knot up & adjust.
Just in case you’re a visual learner, we got you!!